Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Book Review: A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court

First as always let me state that I do not own the right to any of the image/s used in my blog. They were provided by Google search.

A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court

Introduction
I came across this book at my local used bookstore. I thought the title sounded catchy and as I read the back and flipped through the pages; the book seemed utterly entertaining!

A "prissy" "fashionista" or "diva" stuck in Medieval times without starbucks, designer high heels and especially no in door plumbing!

Really, my first impression was that it would be just a really fun read! This book defiantly exceeded my expectations!

Summary
I don't think I will do a "super" long summary of this book because really I just want to get the good part the review! (Plus I don't want to spoil it completely for all of you guys and dolls!)

As, I said above the main character Katherine or "Kat" is a twenty-nine year old woman from New York. I am not exactly what year this book "takes place" but from the pop culture references in the book, I think around 2005. Kat works at a fashion magazine and some what dissatisfied with her job because, her boss is constantly making her do "filler" assignments instead of ones she truly wants to do.

While covering a Medieval, "Resonance Fair" she just so happens to stumble into a tent were a "gypsy" women (whom she deeply offends) puts a curse on her and sends her back into time.

Right off the bats see meets and falls of The Knight Lancelot, (There is a almost instant attraction there) she also meets Guinevere and becomes close friends with her and some what acquaintance with King Arthur.

Now, I won't spoil anything for you guys but a few other characters which are in the story are: Merlin, and Morgan (King Authors Sister), The Lady of the Lake, and a few other characters as well.

Now, like I said I really don't want give to much away because I really encourage all of you to read this book!!!! :)

Review

I was so pleasantly surprised with this book! I think this is probably one the first books that I've read in a while that I really enjoyed and just "captured" putting me into another world.

With this book I think through out the story, it just keeps getting better and better! At first, when I was reading it I did find Kat a bit annoying. Well, I am I can understand she was thrown into another point in time. One thing that was really funny was when she would talk in normal "twenty first century" lingo. She would say things like "dude" and " that's cool" and no one would have any idea what she was saying.

More than anything I love, love the relationship between Kat and Lancelot. I mean who wouldn't want an ultra romantic guy who: literally speak poetically about how beautiful you are and how much he loves you, and also, is protective of you and saves you from being kidnapped and other awful things!

Also, the sex scenes yummy! ha ha What I liked about the sex scenes is they weren't over detailed, it left some parts to the imagination. The way the Author used imaginary you could really feel the passion between the two characters.

I really enjoyed this book, I really hope there is a sequel! (I haven't checked yet) If not I think I will check out some more of this Authors books. I really am sad to say this book is over because I enjoyed it so much.


Kylia aka Alaskan Book Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment