Saturday, May 24, 2014

Mini Review: Hide and Seek (The Lying Game #4)

First as always let me state that I do not own the right to any of the image/s used in my blog. They were provided by Google search.

Hide and Seek (The Lying Game, #4)

Introduction/Summary
Hello, everyone! I know it has been a while. I just finished reading, the fourth book in The Lying Games series and I thought I would do a quick/mini review.

I have reviewed briefly the other three books in the series, and maybe at some point i'll edit them a bit and post them on here! For now, they are just on my goodreads account.

If you want see these and other reviews, which aren't on my blog i'll post a link at the end of this post.

I'm sure many of you have heard of "Pretty Little Liars" both the television show and the book series. Well, "The Lying Games" is also, a television show and a book series as well. Both, are book series written by Sara Shepard; they both revolve around "teenage girls" with "secrets" and other things revolving around "lies" and such.

For those who you who have never watched, "The Lying Games" or read the book series I'll give you a little bit of a background to the series. (Note: I have never read the "Pretty Little Liars" books or really ever watched the show. Though, I am a fan of "The Lying Game" Show. I'm not going to explain the differences between the books and the series in this book maybe at some point I will.)

The book series, revolves around two twin sisters: one named Emma Becker and the other named Sutton Mercer. Sutton Mercer: grew up wealthy, with a loving family, close knit group of friends, being popular and noticed in school. Pretty much Sutton Mercer was living every teenage girl's fantasy life or the "teenage dream". Emma Becker, on the other hand has a bit of a tougher up bringing: She never really had a home, She was never popular, only had one best friend, and grew up living from foster home to foster home.

Now, this where things get a little more complicated. (The story line, is different in the tv show!) In the book series, Sutton is dead. Yes, you read it right dead. So Emma travels from her home in Las Vegas to Arizona where Sutton "lives" because she receive a message on facebook from "Sutton" telling her she wants to meet her. When, she get to Arizona she discovers that Sutton is dead and is threatened, that if she doesn't "Play along" that she will be killed. So, she pretends to be Sutton all the while trying to figure out who Sutton's killer is. (Also, Sutton is a ghost who pretty much floats around and follows Emma without her knowing and kind of narratives the story)


So, this is my "quickie" summary of the series now on to the review.

Review
It took me a while to actually finish this book, book number three on the other hand I finished rather quickly. Granted, I am one of those people who reads more than one book at a time and I do have other things going on in my life but I admit I got distracted away from this book and over all I wasn't as into the book as I was at first like I was in the previous books.

This book was a bit repetitive at first, typical Emma trying to figure out who the killer is and making unnecessary assumptions who the killer actually is. So far, in the series every book there is a person in which Emma thinks is the "killer" and so far none of her "assumptions" have turned out to be true. I am excited that there are only two more books in the series (not counting the two novellas) so I can freaking find out who the killer is!!!!!!

This book, to me at least didn't really start "getting good" until about half way towards the end. When, the repetitiveness got "shaken up" a bit. There defiantly were some surprises in this book towards the end (so different from the tv show, which I must add I watched before reading the books)

I won't spoil to much about what happened but I am defiantly excited to read book number six and like I said find out who the killer is!

Over all, I rate this book three and half stars out of four.

Thanks for checking out my blog and happy reading guys,

Kylia aka Alaska Book Girl!

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/3451295-kylia

No comments:

Post a Comment