Thursday, April 3, 2014

Novella/Short Story Review: Letters of Intent part one & two

First as always let me state that I do not own the right to any of the image/s used in my blog. They were provided by Google search.

I received this book on Goodreads.com from "First Reads", in order to review this book. 

Letters of Intent: Parts One & Two

Introduction
This "book" or more accurately at least to my definition a "Novella" is about 35 to 40 pages long. I have read quite a few "free kindle reads" similar to this in the past and I haven't done my research as to if this story is available yet from nook or kindle readers quite yet.

It was funny really when I receive this in the mail, I was so surprised how small it is! ha These short "novellas" just look so much different on "e-read " forum.

Review
I would say my over all rating of this book is 3 1/2 out of 5, which if any of you know me well that is usually my "average" rating of a book. I'll be honest I wasn't very "captured" or "taken" by this book  but being that said I don't think it is a "bad" book.

Like I have mentioned before I have read books similar to this before, in my opinion I do like "short reads" like this. Especially, if you just want something quick to read in one night or you just want a "casual escape". Compared to other "Novellas" that I have read, it just didn't strike my fancy.

I didn't feel that I could really relate to the main character "Abigail" very much. Most of her personality to me isn't very much revealed in the story.

Now, I know when you read "erotica" most people aren't looking for "detailed character background" but hey I am just saying that, even when I read these kind of "cheesy" book (which I will admit I like my occasional erotica and quirky romances) I want to know a more about the character! Other wise who cares what happens? If I don't like the character why would I want to read it? Well obviously for the sex scene!!! ha ha :p

Speaking of sex scenes, that's mostly what this book is sex scene.This book doesn't really "beat around the bush" so if you want a book that "gets right to" by that I mean doesn't go into much detail and "bam" there's a description of penis, then you will like this. :p

I always feel a bit "odd" reviewing this kinds of book, though I do enjoy reading them from time to time. I am not really sure why. Maybe I am secretly bashful because of the sex? who knows? Hey that's me! haha

Over all, not a bad read very fast paced and keeps you turning the pages with anticipation. Like I said my only really criticism with this book is that we really "didn't get to know the characters very well" but hey like I said I know some readers prefer to just get to the "good stuff". I know I can be overly "cheesy" and a big "romantic" so I prefer books with more "winning and dinning" then just "screwing" but hey we are talking about erotica here.

If you want a fast pasted "office romance" with lots of sex and not much  detailed characters or  to thick story line then this book is for you! It was an entertaining enough read, and I might check out the two authors other work in the future.



Thank you, to the publisher, goodreads and to who ever else actually sent me this book! It really is a dream to get books in the mail to review them! I hope to receive many, many more in the future!


Kylia aka Alaskan Book Girl








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to read it and review it. We greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete